Wherever you are, take a tiny trip!
Not everyone can galavant the globe year round, and not everyone wants to. What you CAN do, is make the most of the time you have! That’s what we’re about here…
Keep on exploring, learning, growing, and of course, traveling ONE TINY TRIP at a time.
A Tiny Trip is all about traveling near and far and raising conscious kids.
Sharing Kindness with the World
Don’t stop traveling just because you have kids! Take them with you, raise them kind and together we will make a positive influence on the world.
And when you’re home? Nurse those babies, help them with routines, nurture them and help them grow in gratitude.
Get Started with Our Most Popular Travel Guides:
- New York City: where our youngest two were born and our home for five years (Here’s what it was like to live in NYC)!
- Mexico: where are first two boys were born! Our home for four years and most frequent vacation destination.
- Austin! Our newest home since our 2020 relocation.
- Family road trips around the United States
- India, Nepal and China– where Daphna and Michael first went backpacking together, and this blog was born!
- and also a bunch of other places like Chile and Israel!
- How to travel with kids of different ages (+ how to prepare for travel + packing lists!)
- The gear we are currently using with 4 kids (baby, preschooler, elementary schoolers)
- Our favorite travel gifts for kids
- Why we travel with our children
- Tips for spending more time outdoors!
More About Daphna
Daphna is married to Michael, and together we have 4 little kids. We have been traveling together for over 10 years (<that’s a link to our very first blog post!) and the arrival of our children hasn’t stopped us from exploring new places as often as possible!
When I was younger I dreamt of writing for National Geographic. Then I found out what freelance writing entails, and decided to forge my own path.
Now I get to write for other parents: helping them travel with their kids, encouraging them to embrace a healthy lifestyle, and together we are raising the next generation to be creative, compassionate and kind.
Our younger two kids were born in New York City! Our daughter, A, was a totally, completely unplanned home birth. Over three years later, and just after quarantine started, our youngest son, Little N, was born in a planned home birth.
Our focus as a family is love and kindness, as cheesy as it sounds.
Practically speaking, we show you how to:
- Turn ordinary weekend days into tiny trips, to get your fill of nature and exploration while you’re saving up for longer travel.
- Learn how to use credit card points to help your travel “hacking”.
- Parent in a way that your tiny humans will be open to the joys of travel, through positive parenting, and living an environmentally conscious lifestyle.
- In between our travels we will touch upon our (mostly) organic eating, city living lifestyle, where you can learn our tips and tricks for raising healthy, adventurous eaters, even with food allergies.
We took our oldest on his first trip at 2.5 months! (And subsequent babies even younger.)
While the addition of every new kid has made us reevaluate how we travel (no sense in making life harder than it needs to be), most important is that it hasn’t stopped us doing what we love.
I hope to encourage you to explore the world or even just your own backyard: one hike, one city museum, one serendipitous moment, one tiny trip at a time.
I love helping out other parents, so please don’t hesitate to contact me!
A Tiny Trip. Because with kids, every day is an adventure! Make it a good one!