Travel Insurance. Ugh. It’s that bummer thing you have to do after you book your travel plans. Personally, I think it’s like the least fun part of planning travel. But….
And it’s a big BUT- I won’t travel without it! And you probably shouldn’t either. Especially when there are kids involved.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our work.
Why Buy Family Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is like any type of insurance: you don’t need it until you need it. You want the peace of mind that IF something happens, you can change you plans, or at least be compensated for your lost belongings. And god-forbid you have a medical emergency.
Lost Luggage, Change of Plans
Before I move on to the medical emergency category, let’s just get this out there. For travel mishaps, such as flight changes and lost luggage, take a look at your credit card terms. Many credit cards will cover this scenario up to a certain limit, if you paid for the travel with those cards.
If you get into travel hacking, which I recommend doing if you have good credit, then this is a major perk. I have lost luggage on so many occasions before, and it’s nice to know you can buy some undergarments until your bags arrive, with or without getting a voucher from your airline.
But let’s get real. While being able to change plans is important, and being able to get refunds or rebook flights saves a lot of headaches, my primary motivation for travel insurance is in case of a medical emergency.
Even when we travel to low budget countries, where we would probably pay out of pocket for small time medical care, just the thought of a freak accident has me looking up travel insurance.
Family Travel Insurance Options
So before your next trip, find an affordable travel insurance policy for your trip. Here are a few options with which insurance you should choose for family travel.
For General Family Travel Choose World Nomads Insurance
Here are the main reasons why World Nomads is a solid choice for travel insurance:
- Solid Coverage –WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management.
- Cost – WorldNomads.com prices are some of the most competitive online. They provide cover for what’s important for travellers from over 130 countries by focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t.
- Flexibility- If you had a change of plans, you can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away! You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already traveling.
- Adventure Activities Covered– From skiing & snowboarding to whitewater rafting, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind.
- Safety- All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- Free Travel Resources- All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Customer service- If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Check prices now!
Disclaimer: All of the information provided about travel insurance is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the travel insurance plans described. Coverage may not be available for residents of all countries, states or provinces. Please carefully read your policy wording for a full description of coverage.
Head’s up: if you are looking to travel with NO stress, download my quick guide for the tips to get traveling with ease.