One of the most important components of preparing for family travel, is a packing list! I created this packing list for my own family, and have used some version of it on every single trip we take! As a matter of fact, I make a copy of it and then get to editing quantities and specific location based items.
The list I’m sending you is for a beach vacation lasting one to two weeks! There are sections for an infant, toddler, and older kids, as well as for the adults. My suggestion to you is to save a copy of the document. Then delete, copy, paste and you will have your own personalized list in a matter of minutes!
About Your Family Beach Vacation Packing List
The document is divided into four sections:
- A letter from yours truly on how we divide up our gear while traveling and suggestions for making your life easier too!
- Carry on luggage: for the kids and the adults
- Check in luggage: including the exact number of items I would take on a beach vacation! I’ve included beach gear as well!
- Reminders for all the little things you need to do before you hit the road!
How We Organize our Luggage
We aim to have at most 1 carry-on bag per person (5 total for our family) and only 3 luggages (all kids share a duffle). In order to make this happen we divide and conquer the stuff!
In our family that means that Dad carries the electronics and Mom uses her carry-on as a diaper bag as well. This leaves free hands for managing strollers and carseats through the airport.
Travel Gear Recommendations
For specific product recommendations, check out these posts:
- Our Current Travel Gear – This gear guide is regularly updated and includes detailed reviews of our strollers, baby carriers, and more.
- Favorite Travel Gifts for Kids – Small items that have become must-have travel accessories for us.
- Baby Gear– Not specifically travel related, but since we have a baby in the house, many of these items are coming with us on our travels.
More advice on travel with kids:
Check out some of these posts for tips related to flying with kids, road trips, and more. I highly suggest the preparing for travel post as a must read if you have little kids!
- Preparing for your trip with kids
- Tips for airplane travel
- Tips for travel while pregnant
- Flying and Road Trips at different ages
I hope this makes packing for a family beach vacation much easier! Let me know how it goes!