If I had to sum up 2011 in one word, it would be this- Life. I quite literally grew a life, a whole human and brought his cuteness to this world. In that moment, he also changed my life. He brought new meaning, purpose and thrill to every single day since then. I am more alive than I have ever been, more aware of the lives around me, and in the world at large. When he smiles I can’t hold back my grin; when he cries I feel his pain. And I will never be the same again, for the rest of my life.
Highlights from the past year
My year in review:
January- Chile & Argentina, Baby Boy Reveal
February- San Francisco
March- I don’t remember…baby brain?
April- Boston & New York
May- Baby Showers
June- Baby Boy Arrives
July- OMG I’m a parent
September- the beach..coming out of the daze…
October- Houston & Panamerican Games
November- I’ve got this down (sort of) 🙂
December- bliss-full vacation at home with the hubby, exploring the city, enjoying a babbling Baby Boy who is so full of personality it kills me, relaxing at the beach, looking forward to 2012.
Review of Goals for 2011
A couple of years ago I started making a list of 10 goals for the year. So here’s my report card re: my 2011 goals.
1. Get a new credit card– PASS: researched and decided to hold off for now
2. Get a new passport– COMPLETE: actually had to get 2 since I couldn’t get the new one in time and had to get a temporary one in between
3. Have a baby– COMPLETE: and I started a blog about the little bugger 🙂
4. Work out regularly– PASS: not perfect but not too shabby considering I was a big preggo for much of the year
5. Learn to use yeast (cinnamon rolls)– COMPLETE: they came out sooooo good! I used this recipe and while not an expert, my fear of yeast is pretty much gone.
6. Improve Spanish– PASS: still lots to work on, but at least in terms of baby lingo I made leaps and bounds
7. Learn to drive a standard car– FAIL: I had one “lesson” and then never continued; I might have to move this to the 2012 list
8. Make a pizza from scratch– COMPLETE: several times, actually! I still need to find a better dough recipe but my homemade sauce is right on IMO.
9. Finish wedding memorabilia (album, framed pictures, scrapbook)- FAIL: but I still have a couple weeks to try to squeak this one out, right?
10. Strengthen my relationships (friends, family, husband, self)- PASS: this is never-ending of course, but I do feel I made significant efforts this past year.
Goals for 2012
To put it in one word, for 2012 I would like to attain Comfort. We’re entering year number three in Mexico. I wish for myself to feel entirely comfortable in my environment, the language that surrounds me, my role as a wife and as a mother. I can see it coming together, little by little.
Here are a few more concrete goals. In 2012 I will…
- Refresh my travel blog
- Learn to play one song on the guitar
- Cook Friday night dinner every week
- Host an event (baby shower?)
- Make fondant from scratch
- Learn how to photograph on manual
- Finish my trip photo albums
- Continue improving my Spanish
- Devote time to crafting
- Read non-baby books (12)
What are your goals for 2012? Are you a list maker or a resolution maker?
*This post was first published on [post_date].